Using the Breath to Refresh Your Energy
Breathing is as natural as, well, breathing. You can't do this wrong.
How to Practice
- Find a comfortable position, either sitting or lying down.
- Take a deep breath in. Draw the breath right down into your stomach, so that your stomach rises on the in breath. This fills your lungs more completely than shallow chest breathing.
- Focus on the breath and let it out smoothly and naturally.
- Feel any tension in your body drain out with the out breath.
- Take another breath in when your natural inclination is to breathe in. Do not force it.
- On the inbreath, feel the air fill your lungs and imagine the fresh oxygen travelling from your lungs throughout your body. Do this for several breaths.
- Before you go back to your usual activities, notice how this attention has changed your energy.